Friday, October 31, 2008

A Comment about Comments

I have wondered whether or not it is wise to allow for readers to leave comments on this blog. Sometimes, people allow themselves to say things on the web that they would never say to a person face to face. Things can get pretty ugly pretty quickly on a blog.

But I am hopeful. I believe that most of the traffic here will be people from our church, and I believe that we can and must speak to each other in a careful, edifying way. That may mean that, at times, we will have to edit/remove comments that are careless, unwise, or worse. If it becomes too difficult or time-consuming to moderate the comments, I may have to remove that option.

Let's remember to speak "the truth in love." This is not a forum for debate, but an opportunity to spark interesting and fruitful discussion. Rather than just stirring things up, we want to "stir up one another to love and good works."

No comments: